Friday, October 29, 2010

Awkward

Confession:  I have really dry skin.  To the point where it keeps me up at night.  When I was a kid, I had horrible eczema complete with prescriptions to special lotions.  I've only ever found one brand of yummy smelling body wash that doesn't make me break out.  When the cool weather sets in I know I need to use lotion but I:
     1.) suck at remembering
     b.) hate oily lotions
    iii.) like lists in 3's

Enter:  Pregnancy.  Not only pregnancy but also cool Fall weather. For me, this is a recipe for eternally itchy skin makes me want to peel my skin entirely off.  Because skinny myself sounds like it might be more comfortable than the constant itching.

Not sure if you've heard but, during pregnancy your skin stretches and grows (I know, big idea but hold on for me).  If you've seen me lately you know that my belly is finally starting show. Now for a math lesson... [(dry skin) + (cool weather)]*pregnancy = stretch marks before 20 weeks.  Don't worry, I'm embarrassed for all of us.

However, the moral of my long-winded, run-on story is this: I found a lotion I love.  Meet my new best friend
Smells wonderful (lightly sweet), goes on smooth, isn't sticky, and doesn't leave some weird film on my skin or hands.  Seriously, you all need this lotion.

You're welcome in advance,
Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment