Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Getting real

Last weekend I went shopping with my wonderful mom and sisters on Sunday. The weather was beautiful, the outlet had great sales and I kept my lunch down. What more could a girl ask for? Fast-forward to early Monday morning when I got up to pee for the 4th time that night and saw this in the hallway:





















Talk about a sobering experience.  I did what any 26 year old girl would do.  I freaked out (quietly as not to wake the husband or the dogs) and then texted my mom.  
I hung the baby clothes you bought us on the doorknob at the end of the hall.  It's weird to think see and think that in 5 months someone that small will take over my house and my life.
The clock by my bed says 154 days until my due date.  Three weeks from today we find out if we're having a son or a daughter.  In nineteen weeks my baby will be considered full term, six weeks until he or she is viable.  Holy cow.  We're really going to be parents.

2 comments:

  1. LOVE it!! Can't wait to know if you're having a boy or girl! And I can't wait to cuddle that baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMAZING PARENTS! i kinda cried alittle while i read this!!! words can not describe how excited i am for you guys!!! and that we are going to do it together!

    ReplyDelete